Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Good News, Everybody

Back in early August, I got pulled over for riding my bike on the sidewalk. It's not like it was a habit I had; it was more out of defense. Flushing Ave at rush hour, with its heavy industrial mix of trucks into densely car populated ghetto Bushwick, is not the best time or place to ride a bike, I guess. Anyway! Got pulled over by a full-size fucking police van... full of rookies! Nothing like getting pulled over by kids with braces and uniforms on. Seriously, one was talking about his orthodontist appointment the next day. Give me a break! as my dad might say.

The shittiest part (kid cops aside) was that the ticket was not a payable ticket. Nope. MANDATORY COURT. For riding my bike. I was told to wait a week or two to hear when things would go down. And from there, I'd have to show up to the court in the city before the end of September.

Fast forward to today. Today's the 29th! Still haven't gone to court. Still haven't even gotten a letter. Should I even go to court. Nahhhhhhhhhh....... I said after some research. They didn't hold up their part. I didn't get an invitation, and I'm sure as hell not about to take precious precious time off from work for that.

Got home, and found 3 LETTERS from court. I opened them up. They all stated the same thing: Case dismissed! THEY GAVE ME A BREAK. Awesomesauce.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Alex Baker works in NYC doing web development during the day and puts on a cape to solve riddles and crime by night. In his free time, he shreds the skins in DBCR, explores NYC and other places and geeks out on new tech.