Tuesday, October 5, 2010

New Umbrella

Over the weekend, Octoberday happened. That's the first day of October. And amazingly, the weather decided to match. Saturday and Sunday were cooler, and by Sunday night it was cold and rainy. Monday was basically rat day, because everyone looks like rodents scurrying about between buildings, hugging the walls as they go. I'm no exception as I haven't had an umbrella in quite some time.

Knowing that I had to pay rent on the way home from work, I saw a street umbrella vendor and decided to pick up one of the larger types. Fuck those small types, they just don't last in the city. I wanted the kind with the curvy wooden handle. And for $10, there were no surprises that this was China's finest (POS). But anyway, it was raining, so up it went. And went and went until wheeeeeeeeeeee it was completely inside out. First opening and failure! I couldn't stop laughing. Fortunately, the issue was that some of the tips had come undone. That I could correct. The bad news is they still can easily come undone, and when that happens, inversion is inevitable. Which is kinda just like watching someone slip and fall - always good for a few laughs, but when it happens to you its just shitty.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Alex Baker works in NYC doing web development during the day and puts on a cape to solve riddles and crime by night. In his free time, he shreds the skins in DBCR, explores NYC and other places and geeks out on new tech.